Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Only God is enough. by Danny Navarro

God at DeviantArt by kienzan
If I am free and self-dependent, I must assume first, that the other is too. If I want to establish an affectionate relationship with someone I must do it based on that,  and  do it from that existential platform. This is, I can´t think that my partner has to be subject to what  I think, say and do. The relationship is possible between two free beings who can be happy alone, and that because they can be, they are able to have a relationship.  If this is not the case, we would be facing an unhealthy relationship that will make the members unhappy. The other is free and has the right to his/her spaces, to his/ her own explorations, his/her own dreams and to the satisfaction of his/ her needs. Experiences of the total domination of the other and everything that means, or experiences of exaggerated jealousy and the denial of the possibilities of the other are unhealthy and demonstrate that something is not working out well, neither with the one who is the perpetrator or the one who allows them.  When the reasons you are with someone are love and decision, there is a common project that both want to build,  in which there are commitments of exclusivity and dedication and there is an effort that is made - along with the sacrifices this would imply- to make the other one happy, giving him/ her the best  possible experiences.  I can be happy alone, its just that  I decide that I will  be happy with you. I can live on my own means, conquer my happiness and enjoy each moment of the history alone, but, being love the reason, I want to be with you and be happy by your side. I am not giving up anything I am because of you, but I am adding up me to you - in synergy- to live life in fullness. In the equilibrium I love myself to love you. I don't think  "I´d die without you" is healthy. Only God is enough. All the rest can exist or not exist.

************************************
Si yo soy libre y autodependiente, debo primero, asumir que el otro también lo es. Si quiero establecer una relación afectiva con una persona, debo hacerlo desde esa base y desde esa plataforma existencial. Esto es, no puedo creer que “mi pareja” tiene que estar sometida a lo que pienso, digo y hago. La relación se da entre seres libres que pueden ser felices solos y, que por poderlo ser, están capacitados para una relación. De lo contrario, estaríamos ante una relación enfermiza, que hará infelices a quienes la entablan. EI otro es libre y tiene derecho a sus espacios, a sus propias búsquedas, a sus sueños y a la satisfacción de sus necesidades. Experiencias de absorción del otro y de todo lo que significa, o experiencias de celos exagerados y de negación de las posibilidades del otro, son insanas y demuestran que algo no está funcionando bien, ni en quien las ocasiona ni en quien las permite. Cuando se está junto a alguien por amor y decisión, existe un proyecto común que se quiere realizar, en el que se hacen unos compromisos de exclusividad y de entrega y se hace el esfuerzo -con los sacrificios que esto signifique- de hacer feliz al otro regalándole las mejores experiencias posibles. Puedo ser feliz solo; sólo que decido serlo contigo. Puedo vivir por mí mismo, conquistar mi felicidad y gozarme cada momento de la historia solo; pero, por amor, quiero estar contigo y ser feliz a tu lado. No estoy abdicando de lo que soy por ti, sino que me estoy sumando a ti -en sinergia- para vivir a plenitud la vida. En el equilibrio me amo para amarte. “Sin ti me muero” no creo que sea sano. Solo Dios basta. Todo lo demás puede estar o no estar.


Danny Navarro.  
LA PALABRA 10 minutos diarios con Dios.

1 comment:

Arooj said...

hi there
now a days i m somehow depressed and this single that''God is enough'' relaxed my nerves..:-)
nice blog..