Sunday, January 31, 2010

Saturn in Cancer *Time to limit dependency* (among other things)

(Clouds speed limit by =eXcer @ DeviantArt )



An excerpt from 
 by Nancy R .Fenn  I found at www.bemyastrologer.com


Quote:

...."The horror of Saturn in Cancer is that a child who knows nothing is expected to endure with nothing. A child can't build walls to protect itself. That's what the walls of the home are for, the shelter of the father materially and the mother emotionally. What can a child do without these walls? There is an awe-ful vulnerability to Saturn in Cancer. I have seen people with this placement repeat the same mistakes in trusting over and over again, each time opening their arms and hearts as wide as a four year old child to embrace the snake that will bite them. There is an old song, "You knew he was a snake when you took him in." What does Cancer know of snakes when their question will always be, "Why did this snake bite me when I loved it so much and took it home and cared for it so tenderly?"


The reason this is more painful than Saturn in Aries, Taurus or Gemini, other early and "naïve" signs in the wheel, is that Cancer bonds. That is its nature as the first water sign. If the snake bites me in Aries, I will be surprised and furious! I will cut off its head. If it bites me in Taurus, I will hit it over the head with a shovel and throw it away or I will pay someone else to do this for me. If it bites me in Gemini, I will be amazed and curious and talk about it and find out more about it and what other things are dangerous in this world. But if it bites me in Cancer, I will continue to love and care for it though it may bite me again because I bond with all living things and I will be very, very puzzled. Why did it bite me? Was it something I did wrong?


I know that the traditional reading of Saturn is that you are limited in the area concerned but I sometimes believe it is just the opposite. It may be that we have unlimited access to an energy that the world insists must be limited (Saturn). Perhaps our lifework in our charts is to stand against the influence of a cynical and denying world and to pour out this energy from within, from the limitless source we have inside ourselves. Many of the people whose charts I studied did just this. At some level, regardless of stern disapproval by a denying world, they refused to believe that we are not a human family.

...

Read more about this here.

***********************************

I have Saturn in Cancer. Saturn in Cancer is in detriment. I have Venus in Scorpio. Venus in Scorpio is  also in detriment.    cool! uh? :S


The part about the snake is so pathetic it´s funny. "But if it bites me in Cancer, I will continue to love and care for it though it may bite me again because I bond with all living things and I will be very, very puzzled. Why did it bite me? Was it something I did wrong?  

*sigh*...

3 comments:

flblu said...

you tell me how can you get the animated avatar on Blogger

Anonymous said...

wish i had read this before my last 2 abusive relationships...*sigh.

here's to saving the world!

*Star* said...

Someone, somehow, at some point, will be The Snake. Trust me. Even after reading this. ;)

*sigh*...

xoxo