Friday, October 30, 2009

YA NO. Idea Vilariño




YA NO
( No longer)



Ya no será
( it will no longer be)

ya no
( no longer)

no viviremos juntos
( we won´t live together)

no criaré a tu hijo
(I won´t raise your son)

no coseré tu ropa
( I wont sew your clothes)

no te tendré de noche
( I won´t have you at nights)

no te besaré al irme
( I won´t kiss you when I leave home)

nunca sabrás quién fui
( you´ll never know who I was)

por qué me amaron otros.
( why other men loved me)




No llegaré a saber
( I will never know)

por qué, ni cómo, nunca
( why or how, never)

ni si era de verdad
( or if it was true)

lo que dijiste que era
( what you said it was)

ni quién fuiste
( or who you were)

ni qué fui para ti
( or what I was for you)

ni cómo hubiera sido
( or how it would have been)

vivir juntos
(to live together)

querernos
(to love each other)

esperarnos
(to wait for each other)

estar.
( to be together)




Ya no soy más que yo
( I am no longer more than I)

para siempre
( for ever)

y tú ya no serás para mí
( and you will no longer be for me)

más que tú.
( more than you)

Ya no estás
( you are not)

en un día futuro
( in a future day anymore)

no sabré dónde vives,
( I won´t know where you live)

con quién,
( with whom)

ni si te acuerdas.
( or if you remember)

No me abrazarás nunca
( You will never hold me)

como esa noche
( like you did that night)

nunca.
( never)

No volveré a tocarte.
( I will not touch you again)

No te veré morir
( I won´t watch you die)





Poetisa, ensayista y crítica literaria

Montevideo, Uruguay

18 Ag 1920 - 28 Abril 2009

2 comments:

gulnaz said...

hmmm.... a very very moving poem!

*Star* said...

It´s sad. but describes *that* feeling so accurately...